Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Fun

We have had a "close-to-home" kind of summer. One year, I am sure we will do Disneyland, and maybe Europe in a few years, but this year, I was quite happy to have a peaceful time, close to home.

Towards the end of July, we spent an evening at a nearby lake. The water was perfect - so warm. As we drove to the lake (about 45 minutes away from us) we saw the masses of people heading home from the lake after spending the entire day there. That suits me just fine! I loved that we had a long section of beach all to ourselves because we arrived at about 6:00pm. The kids all had turns in our blow up boat, and I was reluctant to get out of the water when it was time for the gates to close. We hope to go back a few more times before school starts up again.






No comments:

Post a Comment