Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sunbeam Music - A Storybook Project

One of the dreams I've had for awhile is to write a children's story. This dream is coming to pass, thanks to the help of a Canadian publishing company - Word Alive Press. One day, soon, I will write a post about the whole process, but for now, I will share just a bit.

Here is the cover of my soon-to-be-released children's book. Today, I approved the cover art and design, and that takes the project one step closer to publication. A few weeks back, I approved the final storyboard and layout for the whole book. I just love it, and I get excited about being able to see it in print very soon.

This sweet girl on the front of the book is named Veronica. She is one of the main characters in the story. All the beautiful illustrations in the book are thanks to the talented artists at Word Alive Press. They took the characters that I wrote about on paper, and brought them to life in pictures. It has been a wonderful process and Word Alive is a fantastic company to work with. If you have a dream of writing a book (any genre, not just children's stories) then I highly recommend contacting Word Alive.

I have created a Facebook page so I can make regular updates. If you are on Facebook, I invite you to hop over there and "like" my page. It's called Read With Me - Sarah Froese. I purposely didn't call it by the title of my story, because I am hoping that this is the first of many stories to be created :)

The publication date has not been announced, but when it is, my Read With Me Facebook page friends will be the first to know!!


1 comment: